New to baking? Start off with a recipe that requires only four ingredients: pound cake. This recipe uses just flour, eggs, butter and sugar. It’s a great base that you can customize with fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts. 😋
2 cups salted butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
9 large eggs
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10- cup bundt pan liberally with nonstick spray and set aside.
– In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined, scraping the sides as needed.
– Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour slowly until combined, again scraping the sides to ensure everything is combined evenly.
– Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 70-80 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. If you notice it is browning too much on the top, tent with foil.
– Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then release onto a wire rack to cool completely.