One of my absolute favorite things about fall is all of the flavors that come along with it! Everywhere you look, pumpkin spice has taken over! While I am never one to turn down pumpkin flavored anything…another one of my all-time favorite fall flavors is carrot cake.
This recipe might just take the cake ☺ Here is a protein filled recipe to help you start fall off on the right foot. Try it out and let me know what you think!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (or more) shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (could also use cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- In your preheated oven, you will bake these bad boys for about 20 minutes
Take them out of the oven to cool and while you wait (and drool) prepare your protein packed frosting:
- 2 tablespoons fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweeten to your preference – I used Stevia
- Once the carrot cake muffins are cooled, you can frost!
- Muffins + frosting = cupcakes!
Happy Fall, ya’ll!