Get your hands on these Protein Oreo Cheesecake Cookies! 😍
Each cookie is 65 calories, only 4g carbs, and 5g of protein! No flour and no eggs in this recipe means you can under-bake them to keep them even gooier inside!
If you like soft, fresh baked cookies, and you also like Oreos, there is no reason to NOT make these.
60g Vanilla Whey Protein (I used Bowmar Nutrition Protein Frosted Cookie)
56g Almond Flour
14g Coconut Flour
20g Brown Sugar Substitute (I use Swerve)
42g (3 Tbsp) Greek Cream Cheese (regular cream cheese will work great)
56g Light Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
4 Oreo Thins (or regular Oreos)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients (whey protein, almond flour, coconut flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl.
3. Add the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract, and use a silicone spatula to mix everything together well. Continue until you have a large dough ball that is sticky, but workable.
4. Add the Oreo Thins to a sandwich bag, seal it, and then crush them up into crumbs. Pour the crumbs over the dough and use your spatula to fold everything together. Pro tip: while the recipe only calls for 4 Oreo Thins, I recommend taking one or two extra, breaking them into larger pieces, and folding those in as well. Getting Oreo chunks in your cookies is always a nice treat.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 15 small dough balls. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use a small spoon. They’re going to look very small, but don’t worry, they will expand once cooked.
Give each dough ball a roll in your palms to smooth them out, and then lightly press them down with your fingers to form a cookie shape.
7. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remember, all of the ingredients are safe to eat raw, so you can remove these when they are undercooked and safely enjoy them! That being said, 8 minutes was the perfect amount of time for mine, but oven temperatures can vary.
8. Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy! I enjoyed these for a few days after baking and they remained soft. Since there is cream cheese in these, you can store in the fridge, but I kept them on the counter and had no issues!