Going on Holidays is a part of life and holidays are supposed to be enjoyed! But that doesn’t mean that you should go on a ‘Holiday from Health’. Unfortunately, most of us do, we go away on holiday and all the good habits that we have practised go straight out the window. This can cause a lack of motivation to return to exercise and of course a lapse in your physiological progress. This 60 Day Challenge is all about helping you set yourself up with long- term healthy habits. So today, your task is to create a simple action plan on how you can combat inactivity and poor eating habits while you are away on holidays.
How many exercises can you think of that can be performed with no equipment?
Once you have listed as many exercises as you can think of. Now you can start to create your own full body circuit training session. Follow these simple steps and create your own workout for your next holiday.
- Select the exercises that you will be performing – typically a circuit session would involve 10 to 15 exercises.
- Put the exercises in order – generally you would choose exercises from the biggest to smallest muscle groups worked or hardest to easiest exercises.
- Select how long you will perform each exercise for – you could either choose a set amount of reps for each exercise or choose a set time. The more reps or the longer amount of time you perform each exercise for the more intense your circuit will become.
- Select how many sets you will perform – Aim to perform 2-3 sets of your circuit. Just work to your fitness level and how much time you have.
- Don’t forget to warm up – typically a warm up should involve 5-10 minutes of light exercise gradually increasing your heart rate and preparing the muscles about to be worked.
- Cool Down – Be sure to include 5 to 10 minutes of walking and stretching.